VL production years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL production years

What were the years of production of the VL model? I thought that they were produced from '30 to '36. Did any get produced in '37 or did the VL become the UL in that year with recirculating oiling system?
    Cliff

That is correct. The '36 VL vas the last.

Comment

'36 was the last official production year, but that doesn't mean that was the last year they were put together.

"Late issues" were common back when dealers had open titles. When wartime production ceased, many were assembled from spares for civilian demand.

It seems this may have continued well after WWII.

...'Cotten

Comment

Yes, and we all still keep on putting these together. I have all the parts for a 36VD. Maybe I should wait for 2036 to put it together.

P.S. Any luck me getting a float for the Knuck!!! (Lousy poetry, but I'll do anything for one more floating float)
        Yours,
        Fiskis

Comment

Fiskis!

I think a parcel is already in the mail, but delivery to your country has been unpredictable lately. (One airmail parcel sent last March just showed up.)

Thanks,

...Cotten

Comment

I have got all my packages, and that float came last week while I was at the AMCA Europe meet in Dinkelsbühl. Thanks Cotten!
            Fiskis

Comment

Working...
            X