Garage Fresh Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Fresh Pan

Got a wild hair and got my Pan out of the back of the garage, put on new brakes, oil, battery, cleaned up the clutch, tweaked the carb a little, and have been riding the wheels off it. A testiment to Panheads, it's been sitting about 9 years. I've had a few Pans but decided to keep this one!
    Attached Files

How did you let such a great machine sit so long? I gotta make sure my 65 soesn't suffer the same fate. I've ridden it hard for over 100,000 miles and every thing is getting loose and leaky. I think I'll start with the neck bearings. From my experience when the fix- it list gets too long, the bike ends up in the corner. A good friend that has several old bikes up and roadworthy says the magic number is 5. Any more than 5 things wrong, it has to sit in the back of the garage for a while.

Comment

This bike was a daily rider for years and has about 100,000 miles on her. I just gave her a rest while exercising some of my other old bikes. It's hard to keep more than a few of the old ones up and running at one time. The others I mothball awaiting repairs or just storing for a while.

Comment

I offered to repair a friends slightly bent IND4 in my garage. He wouldn't go for it? Perhaps it was the 2-3 year delivery time? 6 months to fix. The rest would be road testing.

I like the pan... man.

Comment

Louie every time I see a nice 65 I cry... mine was lost in a fire had only 1600(thats rite sixteen hundred ) miles on it Ive always missed ridding that MC enjoy every minutue on it that you can,thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

Working...
          X