Seat mounting for '73 Shovel.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat mounting for '73 Shovel.......

I'm not really up on my Shovelhead knowledge and was asked a question from a fella yesterday. I've yet to see his bike yet, but he says it's a "bar hopper" type set up, with the seat sitting right on the frame. To get to the point, he says it's breaking his back!! He was trying to figure out a more comfortable set-up. A pogo set-up was what first popped in my head. He said he had a weld-on hardtail with a stock front-section that matches his motor. He also said that the center post has been capped somewhere along the line. My question is should he be able to figure out a pogo set-up? I'm not sure exactly how an original '73 looked coming from the factory. He's relatively new to the biking world and wasn't sure off hand if it was a FL or FX. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'll have to get off my butt and get over and have a look at this beast.....

This vintage (early-mid 70's) the FL and FX series essentially shared the same frame ... Perry

Comment

If the post is capped, it needs to uncapped. Once this is done, all he has to do is install the post and t-bar.
      VPH-D

Comment

That was my hunch, but I figured I'd consult the experts!!! Thanks fellas.........

Comment

a pogo should fit on a 73 frame
          john renoe #1952

Comment

Working...
          X