panhead brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhead brake

hello, 62 pan front brake, cant get the spacer out of the fork leg, any suggestions, need to polish out the leg and brake backing plate, and take fork apart to changes seals and can't get brake off forks. help, please

Did you remove the big nut that secures the axel sleeve?also the pivot stud nut right behind the leg . Mike

Comment

yes, i took off the big nut, and the small nut and washer, smacked it with a rubber mallet, didnt budge

Comment

Those things can really find a home with a little corrosion. You just need some patience and some good penetrating oil, such as Kroil or PB Blaster. If you have a propane torch, it helps to warm up the axle sleeve to a couple hundred degrees. You may have to repeat for a couple of days.

Comment

We used a Makita heat gun on my '65. Took a while, and carefully done, it came out fine. I had Mike at Vintage Brake rivet Ferodo linings on the stock shoes, and arch them properly to fit the drum. I gotta tell you, them things work GOOD!! Since my bike is for riding, it has got to stop.

Comment

Working...
          X