Removing the wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the wheels

OK... I purchased new tires for the Indian Arrow and I need help on removing the wheels.
    1. Do you remove the axle all the way out on the front wheel?
    2. Do you remove the brake cable at the hand grip or at the hub?
    3. Do I have to remove the fenders?
    4. Do I need a special tool to remove the chain on the rear wheel?
    5. Does the hub cover come off when the front wheel is removed or does it stay on the bike?
    6. Are there any tricks for easy removal?

Thanks for any help.

I would order a manual from one of the Indian parts guys, you could have it in a day or two and it will tell you what you need and how to do it, have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the reply..... but I have manual and it is really vague.
      I don't want to force something and cause damage.
      I tried to remove the front wheel but the axle didn't come out and the how do I disconnect the brakes?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks

Comment

Sorry I dont have that model and am not up on it. I would try calling the Indian dealler near you. If not maybe try sending Starklite cycle parts a message asking them, or calling (951)968-3070- if you get Bob he would walk you right through it. He has several + a whole racing team of those Scouts. Maybe someone in your local chapter has the same model and would be familiar with it? good luck.

Comment

Re: Removing the wheels

1. Yes, you should be able to tap it through. Maybe some penetrating oil will help along with working it back and forth to loosen the gunk.
          2. Should be easy to remove at the hub end.
          3. No
          4. Shouldn't. Newer chains often have a press-on side plate that can be difficult to remove and replace. There is a special tool for replacement but they normally just pop off after the clip is removed.
          5. "Hub cover" must be the brake backing plate that the shoes attach to. It comes off with the wheel. Don't forget to remove the nut and washer from the anchor.
          6. A bike lift is hard to beat.

Originally posted by cares
          OK... I purchased new tires for the Indian Arrow and I need help on removing the wheels.
          1. Do you remove the axle all the way out on the front wheel?
          2. Do you remove the brake cable at the hand grip or at the hub?
          3. Do I have to remove the fenders?
          4. Do I need a special tool to remove the chain on the rear wheel?
          5. Does the hub cover come off when the front wheel is removed or does it stay on the bike?
          6. Are there any tricks for easy removal?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
          X