'65 Rear Brake Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '65 Rear Brake Cylinder

I need to replace the brake cylinder on my '65 it's a wagner lockheed G number FD-15429 USA. Does anyone know if I can get one at the auto parts store and what it would fit? Chevy truck???
    Any help appreciated, thanks.

When I was on the Black Hills road run a couple of years ago I had some trouble with the wheel cylinder. The one that fits is from a Jeep, around 1953. If you go to an Auto Parts store they should have a Wagner catalog with pictures, the problem we had was that the catalog showed the wrong part # with the pic. If you order one from the Jeep #, they are different from left to right, the drilled and machined area for the hose is what is important. Your local aftermarket motorcycle shop should be able to get one offered by Accel, a quality American made part.

Comment

Thanks Koanes, ya I know I can get one from a local shop, but figured I can get one for half the price at an auto parts shop. The local aftermarket shop in town already got me for the front and rear brake shoes not to mention what he did to my '35 VL top end job recently.

Comment

Found this on the net; RAYBESTOS Part # WC9004 for 1958 Jeep Willy's CJ-6 seems to be about $15. cheaper than the bike shops.

Comment

The wheel cylinder and the master cylinder are both pretty common, and you can still buy new ones. I don't know about the exact numbers on them, though. I buy the old ones and clean them up and put the rebuild kit in them, which is a standard Harley item also available from them, or out of any major bike part supplier catalog.

Comment

OK, I'll come right out and say it.....I'm Cheap! I'm trying to find the exact cylinder from an auto parts place at a cheaper price. I know I can buy them from the bike shops, but because they are for HD's the prices are elevated. I went out to three old auto places at lunch and found one that can order me one for $30. Thanks for the help, I'm a happy guy now.

Comment

I can't add anything productive, However I can say that I too aquired a wagner wheel cylinder at a auto parts store much less than what a H-D dealer could supply me with a replacement. The part #'s are molded right in and makes life easy. Keep riding them, Merlin in Pa.

Comment

are you saying the master cylinder is available at auto parts store, i need two, the aftermartket ones i have gotten from vtwin and drag specialties, don't look right, or bolt up right

Comment

No, I was talking about the rear wheel cylinder. I finally got one the day before our 3 Chapter ride in the mountains. All is well, back brake is great, front is marginal at best.

Comment

any thoughts on getting a wagner correct master cylinder, thanks

Comment

No, I rebuilt my master cylinder a couple years ago and have not looked to buy a Wagner replacement.

Comment

I see them on ebay occasionally. J&P lists brand new Lockheed master cylinders. I think the stamped numbers are different, but I think were different in the past to, so........ Later this summer I might have a couple to get rid of. I need to finish them. Does anybody know if they were black paint?

Comment

Working...
                        X