32E tag attachment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32E tag attachment question

I picked up my rebuild 32E generator today and the metal lable tag was not attached. I have the tag, but how do I attach it now that the unit is built? Isn't it supposed to be riveted on before the unit is assembled?

There are no worries attaching the tag to an assembled generator. When I rebuild a generator the very last thing I do is put the new tag on. The rivets are essentially small nails/tacks. The holes in the generator body are blind holes. See attached photo ... Perry
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I had no idea.

That make a life a little bit easier.

Clark

Comment

Clark,

Yes, all of the 32E serise generator tags were riveted - both the brass tags and the steel ones. You might call Richie Brown at HD Generator Service - He's one of the few that actually installs the correct tags for the generator in question.

Bill

Comment

Perry,

I got clipped at Davenport this year because the 32E on my '47 had a brass tag. I have a zinc tag but I don't have any rivets. Would you happen to have a couple for sale?

thanx,

mike

Comment

I ended up using some brass nails and reshaping them to look like the rivits. I doubt if it would pass the judges eye, but it looks right to me.

Comment

32E tag rivets

Old Dude sells the little nail/rivets for the tags. Bought some at Davenport this year.

http://www.olddude.com/about.htm

Comment

I popped a few of the rivets I use for the later tags in the mail to Mike. The heads on them are a little thinner than original. Good to hear Old Dude is making exact replicas. I'll have to pick up a few the next time I order from them ... Perry

Comment

Working...
                X