1939 knucklehead paint scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 knucklehead paint scheme

I have a 39 EL that I plan to restore. While the tanks are all two-tone, I have seen some 1939 knuckleheads with two-tone paint on the fenders as well. I am wondering if this is correct? I can't find any early photos of original bikes with the two-tone fenders. Anybody know? Thank you!

Try John Pierce at Pierce Colorwrite--You can Google a search for his website---PAQ

Comment

This is a little late getting to you but I'll pass it on anyway.
      I have a 1939 Factory Sales Brochure and this is what it says under the 61 OHV TWIN MODEL...

FINISH - three beautiful colour combinations optional at no extra cost. Airway Blue with White Panel. Black with Ivory Panel, and Teak Red with Black Panel. Police Silver with Black Stripe for police use only. Polished stainless steel fender strips. All exposed parts thoroughly rust-proofed.

As a matter of fact it says that under the 45, the 74 and the 80 flathead also.

There are about 8 different pictures and they all have solid colour fenders.

Hope this helps.

Comment

39 paint

here is a good one for everybody. if you go to google and click on google image. all kinds of images will come up for you to look at. it worked great for my 38.

Comment

Working...
        X