Antique Motorcycle Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Motorcycle Helmets

Looking for an early 40's antique motorcycle helmet. Size 7 1/4 would be ideal but will take what I can get.

Also looking for an original board track racing helmet.

Any of these two around?

Thanks!

Ken

Hi Ken:
    For a board track racing helmet, check on e-bay under vintage football helmets. There is an outfit in Texas that makes excellent repros, and that's what board-trackers wore. I bought one of these and its excellent.
    Pete Gagan

Comment

Thanks Pete for the lead. I'll check it out.

Ken

Comment

And here I thought I was the only goofball buying a repro vintage football helmet Good to see that others are as demented as I am. Hey like I told my wife you never know when I might be asked to participate in a vintage hillclimb!

Comment

Good question.... I have been looking for a helmet
          for the last year.
          Thanks for the information

Comment

Vintage Boardtrack Helmuts

First understand that people were physically smaller in the teens and twenties. Finding a true survivor leather helmut is one thing...understanding it will not fit you is another.

Contact these folks:
            Past Time Sports, Richardson TX, Toll free 1-888-296-5159. Great website with pictures of correct designs for specific years.

I bought a new leather helmut from them to use while riding my 12, 14 and 15 Harleys. They make exact reproductions of correct year designs, but make them to fit larger sizes we need today. They suggested a model that fits my German Square Catfish Head and it did.

They provided all the helmuts for Goerge Clooneys movie Leatherheads.

Steve Klein
            Steve Klein
            Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
            American Pre-teens - 1965
            AMCA Member 12176
            Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
            www.CherokeeAMCA.org
            Steve@SteveKlein.com
            Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Working...
            X