Need new battery ?? WISCO ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new battery ?? WISCO ??

I currently have a WISCO (made in Racine, WS) in my '49 Indian. Does anyone have their website address?
    Where do I find a battery, that is a 6 volt, 7" high, 5" wide and 3 1/2" deep.?
    Thanks

Hey cares... There is a 6v sealed battery on e-bay. Item #320112989781 which is close to the size your looking for. Its 6.5 deep and 3.25x3.5 @$70.00 Hope thats some help.

Comment

New Battery Choice

I have bought batteries from Westco www.westcobattery.com for many years. I have switched virtually all of my 30's, 40's. 50's and 60's bikes to their sealed battery with foam inserts between plates to alleviate shorting out. These are not true gel cell batteris but have given me great longeveity here in extra hot South Texas climate. I can get 2-3 years out of a Westco compared with a year with stock Harley Davidson batteries. I also remove the issue of battery acid dripping or blowing back on plated rear wheels and exhaust systems.

Interstate Battery also now stocks similar design sealed battery units with foam filled cells. Have had no issues with Interstate units either....but I have a very good dealer who gives good service.

Hope this allows an option for you to consider.

Steve Klein
      AMCA Member 12176
      Texas
      Steve Klein
      Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
      American Pre-teens - 1965
      AMCA Member 12176
      Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
      www.CherokeeAMCA.org
      Steve@SteveKlein.com
      Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Is this it?
        http://www.westcobattery.com/battery...?bid=59&vid=-1
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

WISCO Battery

The company moved out of Racine years ago, just like all the manufacturing companies did.
          Kurly

Comment

There are a couple of sealed gel batteries offered on ebay ... the one from Jacksonville (my hometown) is not good ... I had some trouble kicking the bike over, and if I left it off of a trickle charger for a few days, I had to hook it up to get her started. After about 9 months it failed altogether.

There is a second sealed gel that I have now been using for about 6 months, with NO problem ... the guy on ebay that sells it is "thegreatrandolpho". I heard from another member that he has had the battery in his bike for two years with no problem. This battery fits nicely, with a little foam below and around it for insulation and preventing movement.

Vic
            Vic Ephrem
            AMCA #2590

Comment

Working...
            X