Dupont Paint Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dupont Paint Info

Are there any paint guides availible for the Dupont range for Indians. I've looked on the web without any luck!!

Try Antique Cycle Supply, Inc. (616)636-8200

Comment

Cheers for the info, Also who came up with the flame tank paint job for bikes IE: Boozefighters style!! I think i'm gonner ask a few questions on this AMCA forum!!!! Hope you dont mind?

Comment

Steve Johnson has the correct paint chips for the Indian color catalog. He usually advertises in our club magazine. Anything he sells is done right.

Comment

I feel the traditional two-tone scallop paint job carried over from airplanes. A visual play on motion and speed. The front color bleeds back onto the rear color with a pointed or curved scallop.

Where it truly originated from? A graphic style of the era perhaps. Reflective of elements in the period advertising/signage that you see. Nothing more....

Anyone else?

Comment

That is a great point !! It can be seen in the early automotive industry as well. Paps

Comment

Jerry Greer's offers the following 1940 paint chip chart with modern codes:

they also offer Steve Johnston's paint chips for the post war colours (either just as chips or as the complete sign).
              I have no plans to ever own a post war Chief but I sprung for the sign! ... Perry

Comment

Indian Red?

Would the Indian Red offered in this PPG sample still be correct for an Indian of 1918?I have seen a few different hues.

Comment

The earily IND red had more brown in it (darker). Not sure when it changed over. Prob dupont yrs.

Comment

Working...
                  X