V-Twin - repro rear fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Twin - repro rear fender

I had an interesting experience with V-Twin a few weeks back. I ordered a repop rear fender for a rigid Pan. Since my intentions were to modify it along the lines of George Smith's S&S Pan, I did not want to cut up a nice original. When the fender arrived, I found that on one side of the main fender portion of the fender the bottom edge was offset about 1/4-inch (lower) than the tail portion! Seems that when the hinge was installed, the fender was badly deformed in the process on that side. Naturally, we called for an exchange - took two weeks and ended up having to work through the lady who takes the orders to get any action. We finally got in touch with someone who could (would) help and had them look at the rest of their inventory. It turns out that all of their inventory of that particular fender is deformed in that same manner!

The moral of this story is that V-Twin does no QC of their incoming parts or they would have seen the problem straight-away!

Lonnie

Sadly I've known this for a while. Will they return the inventory? I don't think so. Hummmm..... customer looses out on shipping and time. Time and time again. Truely sad, fustrating.

Comment

More VTWIN horror stories

Not suprised at your experience. I had
      exactly the same myself as my initial
      post showed and its seems a common experience with those who deal with VTWIN! But thanks to the forum I
      am now aware and also found vendors
      that don't sell\ship CRAP.

Comment

Ive nebver heard good about them why in the world do people keep buying from them ?????

Comment

Is there an alternate source for 39-46 Big Twin fenders? I tried to use one of V-Twin's 51-53 rear fenders, but it was twisted in so many directions that I returned it to my dealer.
          VPH-D

Comment

They buy them because they can't find any other new sheet metal elsewhere. You got to dissasemble the braces from the skin, re shape the skin, re shape the braces, relocate the mounting holes, and then re rivet them to fit well. Paps

Comment

Working...
            X