X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 Excelsior single

as requested to post.
    Attached Files

Ah man, you just posted my dream bike.........

Comment

this is my 1914 excelsior single belt drive. I traded a 1920 h-d with sidecar for it way back in 1991 at oley. ithas been in storage since.

I have found some missing parts in the last year but am still looking for others.

I have been trying for the last year to contact other owners of this similar bike - with no luck. I was told of one in long island ( or is the on long island) with no reply

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON 1914 EXCELSIORS SINGLE BELT DRIVES????

this bike has a copper tank with the larger 14 gas/oil caps - told years ago was rare very early 1914 - any truth to this??

currently looking for the following ( already posted in wanted once before) gas and oil caps, tank fittings, gas petcock, trank straps, idler spring,exhaust nut, eclipse stationary arm, eclipse actuating arm (long) single spark lever, corbin brake hub nut, 2 female control rod ends, 1 male control rod end

I would prefer original items but anything will help

so far wish to thank rick wolfe, christian henn, antique motorworks, walker machine past help and any future help in supplying parts

any help will be greatly appreciated, email me with any leads
      4cylchevs@xcelco.on.ca

aka HAWG

Comment

aka Hawg,
        Very nice bike !!!! Good luck on your search for parts.
        johnny

Comment

I was hoping to bring to wauseon this weekend but the motor is still apart ( had many request to why not at oley)

I am still looking for the following parts gas and oil caps, gas petcock, tank fittings, tank staps, idler spring, exhaust nut, long eclipse clutch arm, stationary eclipse arm, spark advance lever corbin brake hub nut.

if anyone has any of these parts and will be at wauseon PLEASE contact me as to where you are set up at. If not going to wauseon PLEASE contact me as to purchasing these through the mail.

trying really hard to have a big reason to return to oley next spring, bringing the bike back after it's 17 years absence with me

aka hawg

Comment

HAWG, this is my friends 1913 Ex, you may have seen it at Wauseon. I've had the pleasure of riding it a few times, it's a blast.

Comment

yes I talked to him for a few minutes on friday at wauseon, went back saturday afternoon to talk at length but he was nowhere to be seen, and I decided to return home - spent all my funny money and vendors were packing up anyway

I took a bunch of photo's to add to my ( small ) collection of single belt drive photos/ info

could you forward my email to him as so he can contact me so I can pick his brain about the bike???

aka HAWG

Comment

He was probably running the field events sat. I don't think he has a computer. I'll see if I can find his phone number.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Comment

HAWG, I emailed you the guys phone number......
                      Damn, I used to know how to embed a picture...

Comment

Comment

more info needed

while cleaning engine cases ( out of frame) I found a 1/4 inch threaded hole in the rear case section, directly in front of pedal crank housing, just a little lower than the housing

any idea what this hole was used for???

this motor was not originally the belt drive version - no hole was drilled in the case were the idler goes nor a hole for the chain guard

any idea's on what use this motor may have had???

still in search of parts to finish this neat little "X"

aka HAWG

Comment

hole

the hole is a crankcase breather hole. there should also be a small hole or fitting on the pedal crank housing .they run a line between them.

Comment

thanks jurassic for your input

I could not see or find the hole in the pedal crank housing

another buddies single chain drive does not have this hole in his case. - did only some come with it????

does anyone have an original 1914 excelsior " brief description of the 1914 models and equipement" ???? was it in colour??? if so could you scan ( or any other colour advert ) the model 4B and email to me please, wish to use for advertizing purposes ( I have a nice colour 1913 4B scan but wish to use 1914 if possible)

still looking to talk to other 14 belt single owners as well as parts to complete this machine - hoping to have in oley in the spring - please help to finish

aka HAWG

Comment

Working...
                              X