45 generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 generator

Hi all. Am looking for a site that can sell me an armature for my 45 generator. There is lots out there but mine has been converted to 12 volts. Its a 46 WL. Thanks for any info.

The first thing you need to do is identify the generator model. Do you have a stock model 32E that has been converted to 12Volts or was the generator replaced with a generic model 65A generator. The armatures are completely different between the two ... Perry

Comment

Yea Perry it says 65A on it. The generator was making some wierd noises that got really noisey near the end. I took it to work and had one of the machinest guys look at it and the armature shaft is bent and worn were the gear sits. I bought a vew gear but am looking for an armature. Is there different soarces, some better than others? Thanks for any info.

Comment

The last time I needed one I put an Accel armature in. I don't know that they're any better or worse than any other. Your local chopper shop should be able to supply you with an armature if you tell you need one for a 65A generator. Good luck ... Perry

Comment

Perry, does a 32E 12-volt converted armature work in a 65A?

Comment

Kurt -the armatures are different. The 32E uses ball bearings at both ends and the gear is retained by a pin. The 65A has a needle bearing at the commutator end (still ball bearing at the drive end) and the gear is retained by a nut. The 65A is also longer overall. Those are the main differences. See attached photo ... Perry
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Perry!!!

Comment

I have found Cycle Electric's replacement armatures to be excellent.

Come to think of it, I've never had a problem with oriental imports either, but there are obvious visual differences, like the spacing of the commutator bars, precision of the mica undercutting, etc.

Accel boxes a lot of stuff they don't make.

....Cotten

Comment

check with the ironhead crowd they all use that generator

Comment

Working...
                  X