Trans Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Plate

I have found a trans plate in my pile of stuff that seems a little odd. The front two mounting holes to the frame are threaded, rather than being plain. This plate is still exhibits some parkerizing, so I don't think it is aftermarket. Does anyone know when this type of plate was used?
    VPH-D

Not certain without a pic but I'm thinkin pre 37. Paps

Comment

The plate you have is for later models. The bolt pattern is different at the forward left hole and unless it has been modified the guide bosses on the bottom of your trans will not fit in the slots. You can make it work but it is much easier and cheaper to find the correct one.

Comment

koanes,
        You are correct about the trans plate. I guess I just assumed it was a rigid frame plate, rather than for a swing arm frame. DOH!
        Thanks
        VPH-D

Comment

I have one of these threaded hole- swingarm trans plates and would like to know what year it suits as I have another that is original parkerised but has no threads in the front holes.
          Thanks

Comment

I've always thought the non-threaded plates were rigid. I had mistakenly assumed my threaded plate was also rigid, until koanes mentioned the offset front left hole. After comparison, I noticed the offset hole, which makes it a Duo-Glide plate.
            VPH-D

Comment

Hi. I am currently restoring a 1958 Pan and a 1964 Pan. I would like to get some accurate advice on these threaded and un threaded trans plates. I have both styles of swing arm trans plates. Both are original, both have original parkerizing but one is threaded and one is not.Some people would probably say just stick em in place....nobody's going to know. But I plan to keep the 58 and would like to put the right plate in this bike.
              Thanks

Comment

I blundered my opinon for sure on this one. Paps

Comment

Looks like I might have to post the enquirey in the Panhead forum.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X