Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil mounts

Hi,
    I just brought home a new project, and am trying to sort out some of the micky moused details. The coil mounts apparently broke off or were removed at one time and were put back on wrong. The mounting holes are 5" center to center, and the coil and terminal block need 5 3/4". (1949 pan). I don't have access to another machine right now to get measurements, but then I remembered you guys. I was thinking that a measurement from the battery tray mount to the bottom coil mount bolt hole center, would be my best bet, any other suggestions would be great and much appreciated. Also does anyone have a part# or application for points and condenser that can used to get these items from the auto parts store?
    I just recently discovered this forum, and just browsing through is a real education- I should have signed up years ago.
    Thanks, Doug.

coil mount measurements

DO you still need some help onthis?..OLDPAN

Comment

I have several sets of stock 2 piece pionts if you still need them...some still in origianal package...I use 6 cyl. Chevy condensor from NAPA...have number for that too if still need....Skip

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Thanks for your response. I got the coil mounted OK. Could still use the part#s for points and condenser just for future reference. I have a good set right now, but out here in the sticks there are no real bike shops unless you want Jap or Evo parts.
        Doug.

Comment

D.Mac...sorry for the late reply...points...hd# 30605-48A...NAPA # CS2350...V-Twin # 32-0117...Condensor NAPA RR 174...hope that helps....Skip

Comment

Working...
          X