7th Annual Surf City Tech Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th Annual Surf City Tech Day

Come join us overlooking the sand and the sea in Santa Cruz as we gather once again (this is the 7th one!) to bench race, drink beer, enjoy a picnic lunch, and quite possibly do some maintenance or repairs to our faithful air cooled BMW Motorcycles.

Sponsored by the Airheads Beemer Club, the Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners and the R90S Sport Owners Club.

As usual, I will supply drinks, but this year we will have slow cooked, smoked sirloin for you carnivores, couurtesy of Don Cameron who will be visiting from New Mexico (vegetarians will be able to get veggie burgers); you bring an appetizer/side dish/dessert to share. No need to get crazy, just something that a few others will enjoy. Together we will have plenty.

When: Saturday, April 14th, begining at 10am

Where: The Richman residence in the hills above Santa Cruz. The address is below; please contact me for driving directions or visit the web page.

What: Lots of workspace. Free use of a motorcycle lift, tire balancer, air compressor, TwinMax carb balancer and various hand tools. I have many of Ed Korn's tools for working on /2 model bikes. 20W50 oil and hypoid gear lube available. Also, I have the Clymer books for /2s and airheads, and the BMW /2 parts and shop manuals.

Santa Cruz BMW is 15 miles down highway 1, should special parts be required. Ted Porter's BeemerShop is even closer should a bike emergency arise.

Food and Drink: The BBQ will be running and we'll have beer and soft drinks to go with it. I ask you to bring a side dish, appetizer, or dessert to share.

What Else: For those who would like, camping is available in my yard and there is copious floor space available.

Please RSVP so that I can be sure to have enough food and drink. You can do it online at my website, or send email (darrylri@exmsft.com), or call me, Darryl Richman, at 831-475-1339, or use actual snail mail to 333 Castle Dr., Santa Cruz, CA 95065. Thanks!
Working...
X