My 36 four cylinders just sitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 36 four cylinders just sitting

I have spent hours cleaning and removing the rust in between all the fins, and working down every rust pit, on my cylinders, every thing is spotless. The next process for my cylinders is to have them plated. I am afraid to have my cylinders out of my possession. I just know something will happen to them. A plating shop just burned down in my area a couple months back. Has any one out there ever had a shop lose something of great value? I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet, and have it done sooner, or later. stan

I had a good friend lose some parts a few years ago, but not to fire but just plain carelessness. Seems they "missplaced" his parts and he was left with nuthing to show for his efforts. After doing some reasearch, he found out that apparently someone in the line was skimming motorcycle parts and selling them on the sly. I don't believe he ever got anything out of the deal other than a lesson and a headach. I use a local plating shop and know practicly everyone who works ther so I am very confident about getting my parts back and done correctly, but there is no garantee against an act of God. Good luck!

Comment

4 cylinders are heavy.
      My plater dropped one in the tank and broke a fin.
      Luckily it was a top one and an easy job to put back on!

Comment

One has to remember that the guys on the line are the lower wage employees and that sometimes they have a poor attitude on there work ethics. But then again, regardless of your wage scale or who you are, accidents do and can happen. Nuth'n ventured, nuth'n gained.
        TR

Comment

Why not get a do it yourself plating kit? I have seen several back yard restorers get outstanding results this way.

Comment

Working...
          X