Maiden Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden Voyage

WHAT A BLAST !!!!! Riding my knuckle, chief, 4 , WL, JD have all been fun. But riding the '13 Pope OHV BIG 4 on its maiden voyage yesterday was the most fun i have ever had on a scoot!!!
    First experience on a belt drive and i'm telling you i'm hooked. Louie i have seen you motoring around in Eustis, grinning from ear to ear. Now i know why. Dang that was fun !!!!
    A few more hours of mechanical tweeking and i will disassemble for remaining plating and paint. This enjoyment would not be possible for me without the help of fellow AMCA Club Members and friends. Thanks to you all ! johnny

Hey Johnny,

Do you have a picture or two of that big grin of yours?
    A shot of that pre-fancied up Pope would be appreciated by more than a few of us I'm sure

Comment

Here's some pics of the bike while Johnny was working on it. I posted them in an earlier thread. He'll have come up with one of the ride and smile.
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic #2...
        Attached Files

Comment

It's all coming back to me now! Thanks Louie! No wonder he was grinning!!!

Comment

Ugggghhhh!!!!! Johnny is giving me belt drive fever again. Love the Big 4 horse machine. A road burning monster in it's day. THX for the pics louie.

Comment

AdminGuy,
              As stated it was my first experience on a belt drive...with an eclipse clutch in addition. Naturally its not a speed demon, but i will admit that about 1/4 throttle was plenty of wind in my face knowing i was at the mercy of coaster brakes. Going to try to ride it again saturday if time allows. Really hard to disassemble after the thrill of the ride, but looking forward to getting it close to original. For a bike to be as complete as this one its a shame it was painted so rudely back in 1965.....but it served a purpose in preservation. Old gentleman said he painted it to be a "show bike"........glad he did i suppose. Any of you guys knowledgable of early Mississippi tags? The ones on the bike don't have a year on them, and were on it in 1964 when purchased from the original owner (i'm #3) in Gulfport, Ms.. Not having any luck talking to the DMV, not really concerned about my inquiry it appears.
              johnny

Comment

She's beautiful Johnny! Shame about the paint. Look forward to seeing her completed in the spring.

Comment

Pope color Grey ?

Wondering if you could forward a paint spec (color chip) when yo do get arround to painting.
                  1915 model R twin under resto.

Thanks

Comment

chenard,
                    Sent you an e-mail.
                    johnny

Comment

Working...
                    X