FMC 45 Parts Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMC 45 Parts Depot

Kudos to Kurt. I just put his disk brake kit on and it's a no brainer! Lay it on the bench and the parts fit so well they mount themselves. Hope to know in a month or so if it really works.

On the flip side, we've bashed VT parts enough that one vendor cuts their labels off and after a long song and dance about where his part is made sent me the part with the VT tag 49-2402 still on it. Now that hurt my feelings because I actually like talking to him.
    Chris

I have never ordered anything from them simply because the shipping quote is so expensive. Is there shipping as expensive as there site quotes?

Do they have any images of the new brake?

Comment

Disc

Erdos, They have a pic of the kit mounted . Go to their site and you'll find it. Oh, the caliper is not yellow and the picture does not do the kit justice! Yes the shipping is expensive but... I'm talking overnite to me from there. Now thats service! Don't mind the charge for srvice and a part that didn't require hours of "sweat equity". Chris

Comment

Thanks for the kudos Chris.

I think the post is a little confusing. The fork 49-2402 wasn't purchased from me, but another vendor who probably buys from V-Twin. We do supply V-Twin with our forks and several other products we produce, but you won't get the same/or any warranty like I offer on our FMC Brand products.

Erdos, please know that we currently ship from Europe (Holland) and that the cost of shipping has almost doubled worldwide over the past three years. Plus I/you have to pay a 15% fuel surcharge now. You could always contact me for a quote, but what's listed is pretty close. But.....I do have good news for all of my State-side friends & clients, we're moving back and will be opening up a new facility in Warren Ohio in a few weeks. We should be open for business in January and open to the public early summer 2007. That should help with shipping costs and now you can stop in and see first hand our product line.

If you check this months issue of Iron Works, there's a pix of the brake mounted on my U chopper.

Kurt

Comment

Disc

Oh wow ,he's right. That fork didn't come from Kurt! Sure didn't mean to confuse anybody. By the way to me it's OK to pay a little extra shipping for a part that really fits. Chris

Comment

Let me know when you get all settled in Kurt. I get into Warren often. Paps

Comment

Hope you will still maintain some outlet in Europe. It has been so nice to get parts without toll and other hazzle inside the EU. Of course the best have been the direct business at the European Chapter meets in Germany.
              Fiskis

Comment

great news

Kurt, that's great news to hear about the Ohio location. All the best with it.

Folks, I've had excellent experience with the products from 45 parts. The shipping (and packing) was excellent as well. I recommend them highly.

That reminds me, I'm way behind on ordering parts . . .

BarryW

Comment

Thank you Barry.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of customer service and slow shipments as of late. This move to Ohio has proven to be a greater challenge than first anticipated. The logistic nightmare of being here in the States and still taking and shipping orders from Holland has brought our normal routine to a crawl at best. We are still about 6 to 8 weeks out from shipping from here in the States, but once we do, we will have a completely new web site packed with dozens of new parts that I haven't shown the world yet.

If anyone has ordered and received slow service, again I apologize. If anyone is going to be placing an order, please be patient with us, I'm doing the best I can at the moment. I promise things will get better, much better.

Just a side note for anyone contacting me through AOL; for some reason I cannot respond or send order confirmations to clients who use AOL. I keep getting fatal errors and the e-mails are not sent. I have another address you can contact me through:

vintage45parts@hotmail.com

Kurt

Comment

Kurt,
                    Any thoughts as to the date of your grand opening in Warren, cause I got a pocket full of money and would love to be there when you open the doors. How about an address?

Your going to have free donuts....Right.

Comment

Hi Wendy & Kurt
                      Glad to hear that you are getting on with the new facilities on that side of the pond. Still hope that we Europeans can buy EU-made parts over here, otherwise we all loose money on freights and tolls to and fro.
                      I will wait with my list till you are set up properly.
                      Regards
                      Fiskis

Comment

Ohio-Rider

We're still debating on what we're going to do this year. We'll have a new showroom for our guests, but we're not sure when we'll open it. I'm hoping sometime mid summer, but right now we're 7 months behind schedule, so my time frame is off on everything. I'll at least try to get it open this year and will help you with the pocket full of money.....lol

Fiskis

No worry, the Holland facility will still be there for everyone in Europe. Once we get set here in Ohio, the Holland warehouse will supply all of the European Union countries, and a couple non-EU countries, plus all of our Dealers worldwide. As we continue to grow here in the States, we will divide our Dealers according to location and will start to ship to the non-EU countries from Ohio. Like I said, it's a logistic nightmare for me at the moment.

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                        X