1909 Meteor info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1909 Meteor info needed

Hello, I am looking for some info on my orig paint 1909 Meteor. It was made in Chicago. It has front and rear suspension. I have the Thor motor w/ the reduction drive. Also, I have an Indian carb but would consider a trade for a Thor carb. Any info on this m/c would be much appreciated!

Is your bike a single or twin? I found a picture and info for a Meteor Model A 7 HP twin in the Antique Motorcycle 1966 issue #2 that reveiws the 1909 models. I will have to scan it because it is an Adobe file.

Comment

Can you post a picture of yours?

Comment

Meteor pix

Here is a picture of the side.
        Attached Files

Comment

Meteor rear suspension pic

Here is a pic of the rear suspension. I also posted this as a 1909, but could be earlier? It is a single cylinder bike.
          Attached Files

Comment

Meteor / thor motor

Here is a pic of the motor. It is a Thor, with the reduction drive. Anybody know how this works?
            Attached Files

Comment

RH side of motor

rh side
              Attached Files

Comment

Hendee carb for trade for Thor carb

Here is the carb for the motor. It is Indian. I need the same carb but in the Thor variety. Anyone interested in trading?
                Attached Files

Comment

What an unusual and interesting machine!

Comment

Yes quite the project to say the least

Comment

I see by your pictures that you have a copy of the 1909 "Review of Complete Motorcycles" which shows a 1909 Twin that uses a Peugeot motor. Your frame, tank, and tool box are different but the suspension is the same. It's weird that they used a Thor motor for the single. Do you have any literature that shows a single?

Comment

Working...
                      X