Scout Frame question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout Frame question?

I finally got together a motor and tranny for my 641. I'm getting pretty stoked!!! I was wondering if anyone knew how to check my rear frame section to see if it's straight? If not does anyone know the literature that I would need to figure it out?

Hey Cory, The 640 mil manu has a frame specs for the rigid. I could mail to you.

Not as critical as wheel to wheel alignment, and trans sprocket to rear.

All three should be harmonious. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Paul Now would the frame specs be any different for the plunger type rear frame section? I'm going to do some measuring and see how things look.... I'm itchin' to finish this one up............

Comment

I'd assume the rear shocks would change the measurements.

If I remember correctly your bike didn't appear to have any major whacks or tell-tale signs.

The two alignment measurements that matter for me on any bike revolving around sub-frame issues are:
        1. drive sprocket to rear wheel sprocket. (axel spacers-or sub-frame bend with long bar)
        2. Front and rear tires track in-line, in relation to the center point of frame or balance point of the bike. (front & rear wheel spoke off-set)

Nothing and mean NOTHING else matters. Your rear tire placement in the sub-frame. Your sheet metal. Nothing. These things should conform to points 1 and 2. It's really kinda scary how many bikes are not set-up correctly. These old bikes are very forgiving. But you SURE DO FEEL THE DIFFERENCE when riding them. It's down right comical sometimes. Were all here to try to help each other.

The 41-42 IND SS had a longer main shaft which corrected problems. Should be pretty straight forward for you if you adhear to above points. So... you don't need sub-frame specs.

Comment

Thanks man!!! I just got home from the Red Deer swapmeet. Didn't score much, but a couple pieces for my WLA...... I'm going to have to get stateside to a couple of swaps in the future. It was pretty slim pickens from what is supposed to be one of the biggest meets in western Canada........

Comment

Working...
          X