Woody Carson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody Carson

Woody Carson, a charter member of the AMCA, passed away October 15 in Fort Collins , Colorado . In the nineteen-thirties and -forties, he was an amateur hillclimber, riding Indians. Woody was an inductee in the Indian Motocycle Hall of Fame and the Sturgis Motorcycle Hall of Fame. His cheerful personality and expert restoration skills made Woody a special person to all who knew him. Perhaps he hit the top of his restoraton game a dozen years ago, with the completion of his 1925 Indian Prince prototype overhead-cam 350 cc single. A photograph of Woody was published by the AMCA and also appeared in the book "Indian Motorcycles." Woody was depicted as the patient expert working away under lamp light. To me, that picture summarizes Woody Carson and the antique motorcycle movement which he loved.

JERRY,
    May GOD rest his soul in everlasting PEACE, A quite man who had lots to say softly!

Comment

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Paps

Comment

I met Woody when he was making the HD Sport Model Registry internet site and book. He was one of our clubs greatest assets and will be greatly missed. And if I'm not mistaken the last original AMC member. RIP Woody.
        http://www.harley-register.com/index.htm

Comment

Thanks Jerry, That was good. Here is some more info and the photo you mentioned. Woody was tickled with this photo and helped an amature photographer build his portfolio with this shot. It says alot.

I'll never forget moving Woodys Prince in under the shelter from the rain. Some offical guy was giving me crap for touching the bike. I told him I let common sense be my guide. So I go ahead and push the bike in under the shelter and the offical guy is giving me an ear full. Woody walks up interups and thanks me for moving his bike. It was all pretty funny in a very suttle way.

In 1955 or 56 Emit returned the membership funds to Woody -wrote a note stateing he wasn't sure if the club would be a success.

I had a couple really good talks with Woody. He'll be greatly missed.

I'll try to dig up that photo of him in Holland under speed with a big smile on his face. I think he was on a Scott. That's a great photo also I think.

WOODY CARSON
          April 10, 1918 – October 15, 2006

Service
          Tuesday, October 24, 2006 – 2:00 p.m.
          Allnut Funeral Chapel
          650 West Drake Road
          Ft. Collins, Colorado 80526
          Telephone 970-482-3208

Donation to Alzheimer’s Foundation or your choice.

Organizations:
          Antique Motorcycle Club of America, Inc.
          Honorary Member and Board of Directors
          National Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame
          Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame

Cards to Joyce and Family
          512 Princeton Road
          Fort Collins, Colorado 80525
          Attached Files

Comment

The photo says it all

Comment

What a great picture. It's life the way it was meant to be lived.

Howard

Comment

That is one great photo.......

Comment

Sorry to hear that news, one nice guy in this hobbie of good folks. Always cheerful and friendly and very willing to share his knowlege and a good tail. He will be missed,Tom.

Comment

Woody in 1955 with a Harley!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X