mechanic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechanic needed

having difficulties with a '55 servi car. front cylinder is not firing. it has spark and compression but definatley only running on the rear jug. i have changed everything twice including the air pressure in the tires.......hahaha... i think i need professional help for both me and the bike

Good hot spark ? Good compression ? Good spark plug ? Good sparl plug wire ? If all are in good working order and hot spark makes it to spark plug electrode......check for serious intake leak at that cylinder. Paps

Comment

Just an idea, I have seen a spark plug that would fire outside the cylinder but not under compression. It would have to be a very serious leak not to fire at all.

Comment

it,s almost 80 psi compression and the spark appears strong. would i not hear a serious leak on the front cylinder. sometimes when i run a wire off the front plug and touch the head with it, it runs better. you would think this would ground it out. i do that to the rear cylinder and it does ground it out. i have replaced all the intake parts changed the carb with one i know is good, had the vavles and seats redone, new gaskets on the cylinders, replaced all electrical related items twice.i'm at wits end. does any one a good flat head mech. in the jersey area.

Comment

Switch the plug wires and see if the problem moves.
          Where are you in Jersey?
          You could contact me off list.
          cffrey@mindspring.com

Comment

Working...
          X