Ace CA196 history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace CA196 history

Sorry but I should have put this on this forum not pre 1916 so , sorry for the duplicate , Ken

1927/8 Ace history , my Ace was first registered in Sweden in January 1928 , I have always called it a 1927 bike and assume it is . Now resides on English roads .
    I have the magazine 'Indian Motorcycle Illustrated' , September 1995 issue , there is a feature on Gene Grimes ''1928'' Indian Ace , a fabulous looking orriginal condition bike , Gene says in the mag when tracing his bikes history that he had really made a rare find , the mag quotes
    ''Early in the year 1927 , Indian had just bought Ace , there were exactly 200 sets of parts and components sufficient to produce that number of complete new Ace units , Indian wisely decided straightaway to assemble those 200 bikes ''as is'' . The only changes were the Indian logo on the tank (over a small Ace name just below it) and the bikes paint : Indian Red" it goes on -- "thereby made this Indian Ace #CA201 a living historical monument right up to this present day."
    What I would like to know is , is my bike likewise one of those 200 , with engine number CA196 , unfortunately it was in such a bad state that I had to restore it and at present it has the ''Ace'' name on the tank and is white which looks great and goes as well as it looks , any help / information as to my bikes history will be very much appreciated , best wishes , Ken
Working...
X