Source for Excelsior Parts/Literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Excelsior Parts/Literature

I am the proud new poppa of a '20 Excelsior. It is mostly complete, but of course there is never a basket that's not missing a bunch of little goodies.

Can anybody out there help me out with a source for parts, literature, etc? I will have some extra parts for trade, sale or barter but I have to get a better handle on what I don't have and need first.

Thanks!

"Nevada" Bob

Congratulations you lucky dog...can we see some pictures?

Comment

Right on Bob! I'm with Louie can we see some pics? Cool scoop by the way!

Comment

You have quite a motorcycle there. I had a 20 X a few years back. There exists a small enclave of devoted 20 X owners and they all know each other. If you were to take it to Davenport, you would meet most of them.

Regarding parts, the 20 series X shares many motor and trans parts with '16-'19 X's but once you get to the chassiss that all changes (except for the hubs and brakes).

The founder of our club (Ted Hodgdon) was a series 20 fanatic and even restored the Charles Lindburg series 20 that is in the Henry Ford museum. Oddly enough a series 20 is much easier to do these days than it was when Ted was noodling with them. I know he had a heck of a time finding gas tanks and primary covers. There is a good reproduction parts book and few pictures of the series 20 X's but there are subtle changes from year to year, and bear in mind that Excelsiors can be tough to restore and are not the cake walk that a knucklehead or post war chief is. If you have most of the bike, then you're in good shape. Just take your time, and count on it taking some time.

Comment

On literature George Yarocki has tons of first class copies and at good prices. He is in the AMCA mag every issue I think, good luck - sure would like to see it going down the road Tom.

Comment

Literature

Take a look at my web-page:

http://knut.dhs.org/1921x.htm

This is the page where I have some pictures of my original 1921 Exceslior (model 21-S). At the end of the page I have published pdf's of all the Excelsior literature I have. Enjoy.

The pictures of my bike is not all up to date. There has been a lot of changes to the bike since these pictures was taken.

Concratulations on being an Excelsior owner.

Knut

Comment

Knut
              I'm trying to contact you but your email seems to be wrong

can you pleaase contact me at oklaszeski@gmail.com

got few questions to you
              as it seems that you make some research on big X bikes lately

best regards
              Marcin

Comment

Working...
              X