Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid America Auctions, what gives.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid America Auctions, what gives.........

I saw Mid America had a big spread in the current issue of our magazine. Listed many motorcycles for sale, full page ad. I have made three calls in the last few weeks to Mid America Auctions on a bike I am really interested in. The nice lady who answered the phone said she would leave a message for the guy handling these. Again, I have made three calls over weeks. I then decided to send and email, I figure lets go the direct route high tech. Nope, no reply. Not even that it is sold or still for sale.
    Why bother with the ad. I can't operate like this in my business.

Mid America is only interested and focused on conducting large auctions on schedule. They do fetch good money for sellers in Vegas, and for buyers in Deland, FL. They don't help with selling bikes by phone, e-mail, or smoke signals.

Comment

Re: Mid America Auctions, what gives.........

Originally posted by KNUCK
      I saw Mid America had a big spread in the current issue of our magazine. Listed many motorcycles for sale, full page ad. I have made three calls in the last few weeks to Mid America Auctions on a bike I am really interested in. The nice lady who answered the phone said she would leave a message for the guy handling these. Again, I have made three calls over weeks. I then decided to send and email, I figure lets go the direct route high tech. Nope, no reply. Not even that it is sold or still for sale.
      Why bother with the ad. I can't operate like this in my business.
      What a way to run a business.

You'd think they would be eager to answer any questions you might have on a bike about to be auctioned.

Oh well.....

Comment

I did sell a oil can at the spring auction(one I tried to sell in our mag for less than 30 dollars) It brought about 200.00 dollars there. they are busy it seems, but they sell at auctions. I dont think its like ebay with a buy it now price. you have to go to the auction to really see and find out about the stuff. they were prompt with paying me and took part of the proceeds as i directed for the childrens hospital they were helping raise money for. I had a good experence and probaly use them again

Comment

At the time I was looking at THEIR web site and the bike was listed for sale with a price. I have since moved on from that but thought it was odd.
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Yes Mid America Does Sell Bikes (for Cash For A Fixed Price) That Do Not Meet Reserve At Auction. A Local Aquaintance Bought A Nice 1150 Brough Superior Last Year Directly From The Owner Of Mid America. The Bike Had Failed To Meet Reserve At Las Vegas.

Comment

Those are two different auction companies.The one in Deland use to be Jerry Wood's.It has been taken over by Glen Bator.

Originally posted by grandpaul View Post
              Mid America is only interested and focused on conducting large auctions on schedule. They do fetch good money for sellers in Vegas, and for buyers in Deland, FL. They don't help with selling bikes by phone, e-mail, or smoke signals.

Comment

Working...
              X