Mike Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Smith

I'm sad to report Oregon Trail Chapter has lost another member -- Mike Smith. He passed away August 17th from a heart attack. Services to be held August 26th at 6 p.m. - Country Christian Church, Molalla

I reported this to admin a few days ago, dont know why he didnt post,may GOD rest his soul in PEACE

Comment

Dang ! One right after another it seems. My deepest condolences. Paps

Comment

Mike Smith was a good man. He always treated me well and helped me with my Merkels and Excelsiors. He and his Sons have brought many old bikes back to life and in turn, made many people happy. My deepest condolences and respect go to his family and friends.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about Mike's passing. My condolences go out to his family as well.

Comment

At the Tenino swap I was remarking at some great photos of Mike on someones table. I was looking around for him in his usual spot and Scott informed me of his passing two days previous. It was a real kick in gut and I was really shocked to hear of his passing. 59 is too young. He had some shunts implanted into his heart 4 years back.

Mike was a good guy and a straight shooter. A very active club member who helped many people. I knew him for about 9yrs. I always looked forward to seeing him and saying hello. Always a smile and a kind word. His passionate enthusiasim was infectious. I will always look back with great admiration at the times when I was able to ride side by side with him on a road run (original paint -1912 HD). Not many guys have the guts to do that. It was truly magic for me. Bump starting his board track racer in the back Ramada parking lot at 10:30pm was also a high light. It was to be at the Vegas auction shortly after that for 75K. It was such a cool experience. No clutch, no brakes.

He was a mentor of sorts for me. Also the times that Mike or his sons had to McGiver something or other to make point B. The stories, the laughs.... good times. He will be greatly missed by many in this club. RIP Mike.....

Comment

I would always look forward to see what Mike had for show or sale at the meets. He was for years a regular at Hanford Ca. meet. Just saw him in Dixon Ca. in June. Not many like him in the vintage motorcycle world. Great motorcycle family. RIP

Comment

A great shot of Mike.

A great shot of Mike.
                Attached Files

Comment

What a classic photo of Mike. Thanks for posting it !!

Comment

Ditto Paul!!! Great pic.......... I never got to meet him and I think I missed out.........

Comment

Mike Smith

I was going back through the obituaries and noticed that when Mike Smith passed there were not many posts.
                      I would like to light the fire and hope to get some pictures and more words about Mike.
                      I always looked forward to visting with him while waiting to get in the Davenport meet.
                      I also ran into him at the Dixon meet and enjoyed watch him start up an early single speed.
                      I'm not involved in pre 30 bikes, but he still always had time to visit with me.
                      To bad he is not around for the Cannonball.
                      Jim

Comment

[QUOTE=junkyarddog;101183]I was going back through the obituaries and noticed that when Mike Smith passed there were not many posts.
                        I would like to light the fire and hope to get some pictures and more words about Mike.
                        I always looked forward to visting with him while waiting to get in the Davenport meet.
                        I also ran into him at the Dixon meet and enjoyed watch him start up an early single speed.
                        I'm not involved in pre 30 bikes, but he still always had time to visit with me.
                        To bad he is not around for the Cannonball.

Mike is on the Cannonball in spirit with the Special Board track tanks loaned by his son to Bill Rodencal 's 1914 H-D #33 racer .
                        Had the pleasure of meeting Mike at Canon City Co. in early 2000 ? Learned more about early motorcycles in just a few hours than all the books I had read .
                        Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
                        TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

Working...
                        X