1931 harley fender advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 harley fender advice needed

Hi All, I need to know if anyone knows if 1936 harley 45 fenders will fit a 1931 harley 45 I have a 31, & can get a set of 36 fenders,The guy who has the 36 fenders say SURE THEY SHOULD FIT, but we have all heard that before I was hoping I could get some advice from y'all about what "would" fit not "should" fit Thanks
    Oz

WoW !! I find it hard to beleive that No One in this club has any Idea about early 30's Harley Fenders!!!!

Maybe there is a fellow member that can direct me to where I can find this info, I would have thought that the Antique Motorcycle club Of America would have at least one Member who would Know about Harleys.
    Makes you wonder who would be able to Judge a 1931 Harley 45, at a swap meet if a simple question about fenders gets no response from anyone after 84 people have read this post.

Well Hope someone can drect me find this info.
    Thanks

Comment

Check out this web site, Johnny is the man on the 1930's 45's, he wrote a book on restoring them.

http://www.vintagemotorcycleworks.com/index.htm

Comment

they probaly will fit but will not be correct for a 31 it seems whenever you try to change things slight to severe modifications must be performed for a good fit . this may not have been attempted by most of us as we try to retain the original look on our bikes the 36 fender is shaped different than the 31 a lot of books can help you find what you need I like to check the spare parts catalog reprinted by antique motorcycle supply (and others)first for this info also its riding season so I only check in about once a month

Comment

Working...
        X