Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Tank

I could use a little help. My '47 Knuckle Oil Tank
    bracket is worn out, nothing unusual there. The one that secures the inner primary & rear chain guard. I'm unable to find one not worn out to get dimensions from to repair mine. I don't want to replace the entire bracket with the replacement from V-Twin. I plan to weld a new end onto it just below the embossed center. Could someone who has a good bracket give me a couple dimensions, so I can locate the correct diameter hole? The bolt is a 1/4" but the hole I currently have is about a 1/2" diameter & the bottom half of the hole & bracket is gone. Again, this is common & hopefully this thread might help others.
    I appreciate any info. Bob

I'm surprised there have been no replies. Since this is such a common problem, I thought someone would be
    able to help out. Hopefully someone will be able to add some info on this for others, I'm going to have to "wing it". (I hope no judge is reading this)

Comment

I do not have an oil tank good enough to measure a good center. The HD engineer that came up with this mounting system was an idiot. Worse, it should have become obvious that it was a problem and there should have been a correction early on.

Comment

Excellent - I like blunt replys sometimes.

I noted a few other things on knucks that really made me shake my head. ie- wiring.

So, I guess the big question is -who could share a nicely engineered solution?

I still have my eye on a 39 knuck. So nice -I gotta say it twice. ummmmm....so nice.

Comment

Working...
        X