1943 Knucklehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1943 Knucklehead

Does anyone know where I can get a factory photo or photo of an original 43 Knucklehead? I'd like to see some for reference. Thanks!!

Try Antique cycle supply

Comment

Thanks Gerry, No luck at Ant. Cycle.

Comment

Bruce Palmer's book states"Officially no civilian models were built in 1943 yet at least 38 were built. The exact models are unknown". Greg Field and Tom Murphey's book, " Classic Harley Big Twins" lists 203 OHV Big Twins in production and has a factory pic of a 42 and a 44. I believe that one could read between the lines ( or years) and come up with some good ideas. Remember WWII is on and no chrome, lots of black painted stuff, a spartan but beautiful machine. Once again the "myth and mystery" of the Harley Davidson Motor Company.

Comment

I've seen several reported 1943 big twin models that when I looked at the stamps on the cases they ended up being forged numbers (and usually really bad jobs at that). I think people did that since they are almost assured they wont have a duplicate numbered bike somewhere else in the world. Just be careful.

Comment

Scroll down the page for a peek at a 43 military knucklehead. Paps
            http://aaok.com/galleries/gallery1.html

Comment

I hear this knuck may not be authenic and there were no knucks ordered by the Army that year ? Paps

Comment

I believe the H-D Motor Company had several 1943 models licensed for road use around Milwaukee by company guys. (Possibly some cop or commercial '43 models too.)

These company guy bikes would def. quality as civilian use and some of these could have survived. I'm not at home currently to look up which models these were, but I believe some were indeed OHV twins. At home I would have the engine numbers for these bikes too and somebody might get lucky.

Comment

1943 knuckle

there's a '43 knuck in n.j. in private hands ,complete an restored

Comment

ARE THERE ANY PICTURES AVAILABLE? I JUST PICKED THE FENDERS FOR MINE UP AT DAVENPORT, ALL FIXED UP AND READY FOR PAINT. SHOULDN'T BE MUCH LONGER NOW.

Comment

Working...
                    X