COTTON Yhread Inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COTTON Yhread Inserts

I am interested in buying the PEEK inserts that Cottom makes. If anyone knows how to contact him, please let me know.

Also, I'll be at the AMCA meet in Hebron Ct. this weekend

Bill Pedalino

Bill!

My service is to re-machine worn manifolds and then custom-fit seals.

But as I announced in the Parking lot Chatter section, I have closed the doors on new accounts until after the Davenport Meet.

The rising costs of petroleum-related products puts the future of PEEK seals in jeopardy.

...Cotten

Comment

Tom Cotton

Tom,

I can appreciate your hiatus from new work until after Davenport. As a businessman I can appreciate the fact that business must be good. Good for you ! In any event, I'm in no rush, but I do need seals for my '53 FL and '47 FL.

As for the Peek seals - how are they in jeapordy? Is Peek not going to be manufactired any more? Or is it just becomming to expensive to buy. If the cost is the issue, I'm sure I can get a couple of guys together to have several sets made to justify your cost for the material. Please let me know.

Bill Pedalino

Comment

Bill!

The stuff is readily available to anyone at $300 a foot, and rising fast.

I cannot make my normal flatrate at $60 a pair, when $30 of it goes to material. I diddle myself doing it for enthusiasts.

Basically I have only offered the service for two reasons:

Vintage motorcycling needs to know about it.

I can't make even a perfect carb run right, if the manifold sux.

...Cotten

Comment

Working...
        X