Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of a 1964 Duo Glide

Members ,
    what is the value of a 1964 Duo Glide , in original paint black/white ,foot shift .
    machine is very clean with no modifications .

What ever your willing to pay! Of course you must take into consideration a few things like mileage, over all shape of the MC, original paint, how many hands its been through, are all the parts oem or cheap knockoffs ??does the motor need repair does it shift and go down the road straight ??? Does it have the correct speedo?The list goes on &on. The best thing you can do is go to a few meets educate yourself ask questions then buy from a position of Knowledge! GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Yes , I decided to pass on this machine !
      The guy selling it[ebay] sounded like a flake ,when I asked questions He had probloms .
      I have decided to purchase My next machine the old way , at a swap meet ! thanks for Your imput

Comment

Hope I didnt make you change your mind,Ive found when payiing good hard earned money I like to be up close and get personel with the machine in question ! There are way to many people out there that just dont care and more than ever BUYER BEWARE holds true !
        The beauty of going to our meets is most people wont mind you asking questions and sometimes it leads to a nice find,I was at Davenport not to long ago and while talkin shop to an old friend from the midwest he informed me of a nice four for sale but not at the meet and I called that nite the lady was very nice and I made the purchase much to the dismayof a few others that really wanted the MC but didnt know it was for sale ! Keep your ears open and dont be in a rush there are still lots of fairly nice Pans out there for sale !Happy Hunting!

Comment

Thanks ,
          Yes , there is just so much You can tell from pictures .
          The seller was not inclined for anyone to look at this machine before purchase . the pictures looked good ,But not for the bread this guy wanted , He was not into old machines ,just making the sell ! I have a 45'' that has been in My care for over 20 years now , I have been offered crazy money for it by people who know nothing of old bikes !
          funny thing is I am glad I passed this deal , I really want a 1961 or 1960 Duo . I will find one !
          see You at Brookfield

Comment

Working...
          X