spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs

can someone suggest a plug and gap for a 57 pan that has been stoked to 84" and has a super e carb?, thanks

gap

if you have points, 30
    electronic some say 40 but on my 62 went down to 32 35 got best results with standard 3-4 hd plugs have tried 4r but have not had long last from them especially when i miss a cold start
    by the way both my 50 and 62 are 12 volt with mallory in them don't know what you are running the 62 computes out to 79 ci or so bored but not stroked.

Comment

Back when I was building strokers I used .028 on everything, either battery and coil or magneto. That is stock harley spec as well. .035 to .040 seems best with electronic ignition. Always worked well for me. Heat range depends on what type of riding you do, lots of high speed drop a step cooler. Rubone

Comment

I don't know if this will help. I put Autolite "thin wire" plugs in my ' 65, and they made a night and days difference. I couldn't believe it. It was like a tune up! They re made for low power ignitions. A few thousand miles, and no significant fouling, or any other mishaps. I just have a stock ignition, with a newer stock looking coil, from Antique Cycle Supply. They are Platinum, # MP4275, and I run .025 gap.

Comment

Working...
        X