45 motor sprocket suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 motor sprocket suggestions

I find my 1947 45WL does not like the 25 to 35 mph speed limits. In second gear the rpms are high and in 3rd they are too low.

I have power to spare. It will hall my 220lbs butt up any hill.

Any suggestions on what motor spocket to use?
    Will going up one sprocket tooth make much of a difference?

Hummmm.... OK, here's my experience. IND 640 stock 18T Front, 40T rear. I wanted a steady lower rev at 55-60mph. I went with a 20T front. I have to slip a little more around town but the hwy is real fine. Pretty much 50 and up. So I'm happy. Depends on what sort of riding you do. The stock set-up was a good all round mix.

My 68T100R. I went one tooth up on the front to take the buzz out on the hwy. Works well.

I wouldn't let the higher revs bother you around town.

Comment

I suggest you use the biggest one you can find. I have a 34t on my 49WL and it will cruise at 60 all day without strain.

Comment

koanes

I've seen 33t but not a 34t. Where did you score that?

How are your lower gears, what are your speed ranges in 1st and 2nd, any problems with power.

Is there any problem with that fitting inside your primary? The chain must be getting close to the case.

Thanks.

Comment

Erdos, No real trouble with power on the open road, but when the wife throws a pillow on the luggage rack and we do a little barhopping in the hills I use all the gears all the time. I bought the 34t sprocket right after I got the bike in 1990, from Gary Bang, I think. I'm reasonably certain he was getting them from Dixie. A friend asked me to find him a 34 a few yrs back and the best I could do was 33.

Comment

33 and 34 sprockets

Kick - Start (616) 245 - 8991 has 33 and 34 sprockets

Comment

Put a 34 tooth motor sprocket on. Replacing the 30 tooth that has been on for years. It is like a whole new bike. A little bit slower off the line but instead of 25 in second I'm now a smooth 40 mph in second and been up to 75 mph on the highway. It is awsome thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
              X