Tracking down an obsolete part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking down an obsolete part.

I'm going through a 47 Knuckle trying to make her road worthy yet this summer. Lots of dirt, grease, grime, and rust. Lots of bare wire, rusted out lower rocker cover oil line, etc. I pulled the tombstone taillight to clean it up and found the bulb socket and mount (HD 68188-47 ) to be pretty well shot. Tried locating a replacement through the usual suspects to no avail. Does anyone know where to find 2 of these ( I have a sidecar also)? Also, this light is fitted with 2 little rocket-type lights on the left and right sides of the body. Each is to have a multi-faceted glass gem located to the front and rear of the units. A red lens to the rear of the bike and a clear one facing the fender. I am missing one of each lens. The single wire leading to each rocket is broken off at the base so I am looking for a source of repair or replacememt. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, GrizzHD 68188-47

I purchased that exact part NOS at Davenport a few years ago. I also saw more NOS ones a year or two later, so I'm sure if you go to Davenport.

If Davenport isn't an option, use Google. I always punch part numbers I'm looking for into Google. Google says JW Boon has some for sale ... Perry
    http://www.jwboon.nl/dbhtml/catalog/...its_UL/Page_20

Comment

Thanks Perry,
      I plan on making Davenport so I'll be sure to look there. Also, someone just siad they found the exact part at Auto Zone, of all places. Go figure! I'll have to check them out as well.
      If by any chance I run into you at Davenport I owe you a couple of beers.

Thanks again,
      Grizz

Comment

Working...
      X