clutch hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch hub

Hey guys how snug should the clutch hub splines be on my 45 . Im having some primary noise problem and vibration on my bike. Ive just purchased a belt unit ftom chuck at kickstart to try that but I noticed that the hub slides over the splines on the tranny real easy and seem to have a bit of play in them. Ive tried new primary chain and the sprockets look good and even run it without the generator in and still getting a wierd vibration. Thats why im going to try the belt but was wondering if it was the hub all along. Should the hub splines be tight because ive seen pics of guys pulling them off with pullers. Mine just falls off. I have nothing here to compare it with. Ive also went to the long roller bearings. When the hub is tightened down I can still rock it abit in all directions. No real damage to the splines that i can see except they dont look as deep as the ones on the tranny. This is a 46 wl. Thanks for any info.

Len,
    You should have to use a puller to get it off, it should not rock at all when tightened down. You should address this first. Start by checking with a new clutch gear into the hub. TThis will tell you if it is the gear or the hub.

Comment

Yea thats my problem. Put the hub on then I slide some cut up shims between the teeth, tightened it up then took it for a ride and it was smooth as silk. No im not gonna leave it like that Im ordering another hub. Thanks for the input. By the way that belt drive is awsome. Talk about quiet! Its like riding a different bike. I was thinking of selling it but I dont know now.

Comment

len-
        I had the same problem with my 45, but I needed to replace the transmission output shaft. Check yours before ordering a new hub. This is of course the last, deepest part in the trans.

Comment

Working...
        X