45 Tempuratures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Tempuratures

Does anyone know what the following operating temperatures should be for a healthy 45?

1. Cylinder head
    2. Oil
    3. Exhaust gas

Don't quote me - but I think the exhaust gas is around 325. I guess you've got one of those thermal readers. 180 out of time on distrib. would be high idle and super hot. Running this.... would be a bad, bad thing.

Setting you timing and cams with a degree indicator wheel is always a good learning experience. (something I need to do) So your timing is bang on and you've used a meter (ohms of resistance) to set your distributor at the exact moment the points open, compensating for any slop. Then you dial in the carb for a nice tick over speed and quick throttle responce. Set the high speed at 55mph. Dial it in till it runs rough. Then out a couple clicks to smooth. Then crank it all on and check your throttle response.

I had a few wise as s buddys messing with my bike and helping me out. So what does Mr. Crafty do! He re-sets my throttle cable so it only opens 2/3. HA-Ha very funny..... old trick -but a good one. I'll get him back. The sneeky monkey.

Comment

A.G.-
      Thanks for the advice. I don't have a non contact thermometer yet, but may get one soon. Santa brought me a Colortune kit and I intend to check the high and low speed mixtures with it.

Comment

Working...
      X