primer to fill small pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primer to fill small pits

The last frame I did I used laquor based primer, and applied several coats and sanded inbetween each coat. Now I have another frame I want to do. I find this laquor primer is no longer available. What is the best primer-filler used now. I have a indian frame with a lot of rust pits. I sand blasted it and applied the laquor primer about 10 years ago. Where do I go from here. Any help appreciated, Stan

urethane primer

several different brands that you could use , u-tech urethane primer is by the same company that sells sikkens paints which is of high quality. any auto paint supply should be able to take care of you . it is 2 part mix so you will need the activator to . will fill small scratches and chips but if pits are real deep may want to fill with either marine -tex , body filler or evercoats polyester puddy . good primer as i've used it many times

Comment

When you do sand blast or bead blast be sure to get some primer on it fast. Rust can begin immediately. Even if you do not see it, the process has started.
      Always wear some type of clean gloves. If you have ever touched bare metal and let it sit, in a few days or weeks rusty fingerprints will appear due to the oil/moisture on your hands.

Comment

Good advice Urethane Primer Allow flash between coats, that is not wet enough to acept a finger print lightly. Also like the man says Prime Imediatly , not tomorrow and never touch bare metal with bare hands . Also reguardless of what a jobber tells you , You must apply an etch primer before a primer surfacer. wear a charcoal filter mask J P

Comment

Working...
        X