Hydra Fork Dain Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydra Fork Dain Plug

I am hoping that someone can tell me what year my forks are. My bike has a 1950 Pan motor on a 1958 Duo Glide frame. The Hydra forks do not have oil drain plugs!

When I add fork oil, it flows right out of the bottom center of the fork through what appears to be some type of post.

I would like to keep the fluid in my forks! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    HCH

If you have stock Harley lower legs, your drain plug should be on the back side of them. Believe they are a pipe fitting. Your local Harley dealer will have the plugs in stock. If not, let me know and I'll get some for you.

If you are leaking in some other place then you have bigger problems than just a leaky drain plug.

Comment

If your legs have no drain plugs, they are aftermarket. Your forks are also not properly assembled. The damper tubes have flat sides that must be registered into the matching flats on the washer pressed into the bottom of the fork leg. If you take the forks apart, you will see what needs to be done.
      VPH-D

Comment

Working...
      X