panhead oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panhead oil pressure

I have a 49 pan completely rebuilt from the bottom up. Starts good, runs great. I am running 50 wt to break it in. After the oil gets hot the oil pressure light will not go out until maybe 1500 rpm. The books I have say nothing about adjusting the check valve in the pump other than the initial setting. Any ideas???

Is it a repop oil pressure sending unit ?? If it is....get an nos or used oem one. Paps

Comment

my '50 lite comes on ,only cause the aftermarket switch !

Comment

The switch is a repo-- I will try an oem
        Thanks

Comment

9 times out of 10 this has been the case when the light stays on. Not always the case, just most of the time it is. Just this year alone, a dozen or so folks asked me the same question. They changed the unit and their lights went out. Before trying to find out if there may be another cause, many of them were ready to replace or rebuild their pumps, etc. Trying an authentic unit is the cheapest route to go for a start if you have a known repop already instaled in your engine. Paps

Comment

I dont know what the pressure switch "break" point is, probably 3-5 lbs. First thing I'd do is install a pressure guage and run it up to temp and see if the pressure is 3-5 lbs or zero. If zreo at idle and especially a bit above, there are other problems. You need some pressure to "break open" that switch hey??...

Comment

Working...
            X