pre1940 BMW Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre1940 BMW Wanted

Anybody have any early BMW motorcycles, I'd like to pick up a mid 30s R2,3,5 , 32, 38, etc. email me if you have one, at jcsrestoration@yahoo.com thanks.
    Dave

That's a wild selection of bikes you mention: an R2 and an R3 are singles, while the R5 and R32 are twins, both highly desirable models (the R32 is from the mid 20s, however). I don't think BMW ever made an R38.

If you start looking at an R35 or an R71, take great care in your purchase. Both of those models were produced after the war by the East Germans and the Russians, respectively. The Chinese still make a descendant of the R71, called the Chang Jiang CJ750. Lots of these postwar bikes are sold as prewar BMWs, and many true prewar frames have a lot of parts from these models.

You can watch ebay, and also every once in a while you'll see a prewar bike at the Internet BMW Riders' Marketplace.

How's your German? Because otherwise, you'll probably have to look at German sites like Wolfgang Reichenberger and Dreher, and German ebay, for more of these bikes.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X