mouse trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mouse trap

have a 57 hd with a mouse trap clutch, i have replaced most everything in the clutch, and it is like pulling the clutch on a semi, is this the norm?? i have not replaced the mouse trap spring as it looks fine , is that it? i have gone through the manual on adjusting it many , many times and i think i have it , but it still pulls very hard. any help would be great, thanks chris

Check your hub studs for indentations and burrs that the plates can hang up on before adjusting the spring tensions etc.. Paps

Comment

hubs

replaced all that already, it now works smoother but still pulls real hard... thanks paps

Comment

Disconnect the cluth rod from the mousetrap, check to see that the spring is pulling when the mousetrap gets over center. it should realy snap into the disengaged position. Watch your fingers. Is the cable wire sliding freely? The clutch lever should be easy to squeeze. Something is out of adjustment or binding. You should be able to isolate it by seperating the different components. If the problem is not in the linkage check the clutch pressure plate springs for correct adjustment as well as the push rod{make sure it's straight}

Comment

well as it turns out it was just a lack of lube on the cable, with that done it only took a few adjustments, thanks for the help ,chris

Comment

trap

if you have late or aftermarket kicker cover and someone has put in the old style bearing in a waffer style cover it will not let the trap flip freely, i have two pans and had the hard pull problem, could get the adjustment close but not good enough. change correct bearing to cover worked fine since. most think the older style bearing is better but it seems to be slightly larger not allowing the rod to move far enough for the trap to move freely.
            kb

Comment

Working...
            X