What color is Indian fallon brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color is Indian fallon brown?

So can you guys describe what color fallon brown is? Its not really brown is it?

Did you go to my reply to your question re this colour and modern codes in the Chief section of the threads?
    It is brown looking (open to interpretation), a soft, light brown, not dirty looking.

Ken.

Comment

Yes, Thanks Ken. I'm not really sure if Fallon brown is the color I'm after. When I was at Oley AMCA meet, I saw a nice two tone Indian Red and something else color Chief. I liked the something else color which appeared to be like a light, creamy, bone, grayish beige. Thats the best I can describe it. I asked a gentleman who was near the bike if he knew the color and he said it was fallon brown. It was not brown, light brown or even a tan. I've seen this color before on a couple of other Indians from different states. So I'm assuming this a real Indian color. Can anybody help?

Comment

That description of the colour sounds about right. As I said, it's open to interpritation re description. Artistic licence abounds!
        Take the paint code I gave you into a auto paint shop, and get them to mix a sample.

Best wishes.

Ken.

Comment

Main Entry: 1 fal·low
          Pronunciation: 'fa-(")lO
          Function: adjective
          Etymology: Middle English falow, from Old English fealu; akin to Old High German falo pale, fallow, Latin pallEre to be pale, Greek polios gray
          : of a light yellowish brown color

So I figure the Indian word would be pronounced : fal·lon
          not fA·lon

Comment

FA-Lon

Guess who's bored!

Comment

Working...
            X