feeler guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeler guage

Trying to locate a wire feeler guage to set my plugs and gap the points. I understand that the wire guages are better for these settings then blades but having a hard time locating a wire guage for both .022 & .028.

Any hints or tips you guys can provide would help greatly appreciated.

I use Snap-On FB-301. It has both those sizes. I have no idea if they still make it. I've had this one for at least 20 years ... Perry

Comment

Champion Spark Plugs made one they used to give away.
      Like Perry I've had mine for years.
      Tommo

Comment

ebay

4460048340 on ebay

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate your help, flathead that should do the trick.

Comment

feeler guage

found combination blade/wire feeler guage. wire portion includes .022 & .028. Stanleyproto.com. Then link to www.Grainger.com

item #2R640, model MT- 1024, cost $8.45. however, Grainger does not sell to public. You need to find someone in the trades who might have a commercial account.

Comment

Try searching at MSC Industrial Supply. They probably have it. They have a website. Just type the name into your search engine for the link. Paps

Comment

feller Gauge

I was poking around and read Your Post ,thought I may comment .
                Find a ''Mill'' supply , or a industrial supply house ,these are ''real'' hardware stores and purchase a drill bit to the diameter you need . or Visit Mcmaster Carr [website] They are an industrial supplyer located on Ridge Road in Dayton New Jersey .
                You should be able to purchase a drill that is within .001 of what You need !

Comment

granger

I buy from granger I just tell them I work for one of thier customers and pay cash. they never refuse me or question as long as you pay cash

Comment

My local Graingers doesn't allow that any more. Oh well............ I just have somebody I know with a business contact them first. Enco and MSC are good internet, or mail order places. The main thing is not to get cheap, foreign junk, to save money. It just doesn't work.
                    \ Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X