Thor,dating by motor #'s??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor,dating by motor #'s??

Anybody have a clue as to dating early Thors? I'm trying to date, motor # D7756----Thanks in advance--BPK!!

Your could try e-mailing thor1911@fmtc.net . There's a fellow by the name of Greg Walter that has a Thor web-site. Let us know how you made out and if possible post a pic or two for us to drool over.........

Comment

Thor's!!

Thanks C.O.,
      I'll email Greg and pick his brain, and also search a little deeper on the web, as with previous searches, I came up with nothing! I'll also attempt to send pic's of this one family original, crusty/rusty little marvel at a later date--Thanks again-BPK!!

Comment

Here's the web site...don't know about the contact info....
        http://209.204.252.20/

Louie

Comment

Pretty sure Mike Smith (Oregon) made/cast some parts for Greg.

http://www.antiquemotorcycleworks.com/

Comment

Thor dating

Did you have any luck with dating your Thor - as I am trying to do the same with early Single 4hp Engine number M29 ?

Comment

Hellooooo,
              All I found out was mine was a 1909, and it appears the letter prefix made it so.. I've notice earlier models with prior letters and later with later letters.. So, possibly aphabetically, but not certian.. Sadly, I didn't have much response and little information on dating the early ones is out there--BPK!!

Comment

Thor Dating

BPK!!

Still struggling to date this Thor - but getting closer - think it maybe circa 1909 - 10 but need to compare it with another as pictures I've seen of later models have so many differences .

Is your's a single ? if so could you post a picture or you could contact me off-line...

Let me know - your help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Hey Steve,
                  Feel free to email me, bpk@valley.net
                  Your Thor, does it have a mechanical oiler on top of the tank, and is it cable controled? I sadly sold off my Thor last year. Still have my 16 twin.. My 09 was a single--BPK!!

Comment

Just found a early thor single off the farm, in illinois Ser.no R684 . could this be a 09? Looks to have a engine clutch. Mike

Comment

This is a photo of a 1910 Thor single, battery ignition, with the motor number "S 1XX".

1910ThorMotr.jpg

I also have a original 1909 Thor Motorcycle sales brochure and a Thor single, battery iginition, motor number A29XX. The crankcase is painted with the original "Indian" red color. It is almost identical to my 1908 Indian single.

If you post a photo of your Thor motor, I can compare your photo with the sales brochure and the Thor single.
                      Last edited by talbot-2; 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X