Sunnen Hone MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnen Hone MA

Just got a Vintage Sunnen Hone MA and was wondering if anyone Knows where to get the 1.5" mandrel to lap Harley connecting rods. Sunnen"s web sight is a bit overwhelming. I can't seem to find the correct information. Thaught maybe a member might be able to give me some Good Orderly Direction. Thanks

Call Sunnen and ask for the motorcycle catalog. It will list the mandrels for rod sizing. New replacable shoe mandrels are very expensive, unless you are planning to make a career honing I suggest looking around for some used SL type mandrels. 1.5 and 1.625 mandrels are common. Make sure the shoes (not replacable on SL) are not badley worn. The stones for these older mandrels are available from Goodson Automotive.

Comment

Thanks for the good word

Yes thanks Koanes. The motorcycle cataloge had the answer. The mandrel is on its way. Not too expensive either. I've got enough engines that need rebuilding to make it worth my investment. Plus any of my fellow club members (Seaboard) that may need it. So thanks for the Good Direction.

Comment

honing stone

we are producer of diamond/CBN honing stone and honing stick, also support the rod honing, see our web www.shhard.com. We like to exchange the tech ideas with you too.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X