30-36 Vl's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-36 Vl's

How many VL owners are there on the list here?

I just purchased a 1930 VL basket .........er ...a or should I say blue totes it came in 3 big ones and 1 small one

Chuck,
    I've got two, a 34 VL and a 35 VLD
    Tommo.

Comment

vfd

got a 34 vfd ,how many more out there

Comment

I got a fire breathing '35 VLD monster that call my "VL-Rod". The new bike riders love it, especially when I park it in front of the new Harley shop and dump a puddle of fresh 50W.

Louie

Comment

Thanks Guys did yours come complete ?
          I am missing some things but have quite a bit to work with and have Steve Slocombe's book to guide me.
          It isn't going to be 100% correct as I want to dress it up some and plan to make it a "rider" when finished with it also would like to locate a sidecar at some point.

Comment

i've got a couple of V models, one of which is a 30 vl, where are you in western ny, ? i'm just south of Jamestown if you need any help, Dave

Comment

Dave,

I am 48 miles north of Jamestown NY

Comment

Chuck
                i should have given you email in case you need anything,
                vride5@atlanticbb.net
                Are you aware that the Reid bros have an orginal paint V in their shop in Gownda?
                Dave

Comment

Dave,

That bike was bought new by their father John Sr. all original blue and silver paint I saw it last fall on their show room floor.

I am 5 miles from them at GowandaHD
                  I bought a 2001 roadglide with a california3 sidecar from JamestownHD

Your 30 is it green? original,restored...........man am I gonna have some questions for you

I would like to paint it something other than the olive green (when it gets to that point) the book says that there were a couple other options.

Comment

Chuck
                    i have a 35 that i drive but my 30 is just like yours, its been apart since 1948, when i bought it it had been a basketcase for 50 years, i've had it for 14 years an not back together yet
                    Dave

Comment

How complete is it?

Comment

Chuck,
                        If you go to the photo section of this forum and select "the beginning" option at the bottom of the page you should be able to find a post titled "The Flight of the Magnificient Seven"
                        In amongst the photos posted here you will find several pictures of my best mates 1930 VL. It's a very nice bike and sidecar with one or two very minor mods that we had to do to satisfy your traffic authorities. Your will see a third light up between the two headlights and this was put there as a "day runner" light with the smallest possible strength bulb that we could get away with.
                        Genuine sidecar chassis are not a problem over here but they may not be much good to you as they are all Left Hand rigs.
                        I do have a set of NOS VL crankcases that are surplus to requirements. Lets know if you are interested.
                        Best of luck with the restoration and if you think I can be of any help please ask.
                        Regards Tommo

Comment

I have a nice '32 VL that came out of the Deeley Collection here and was restored by Fred Pazaski about 15 years ago. I got it running a couple of days ago, and replaced the wrong headlight with a John Brown, which I happened to have. Its very correct now, and goes down the road very well. I'm even starting to get used to that ugly green color.
                          Pete

Comment

1934 VLD

I have a 1934 VLD, Orlando Orange and Black. Finished the restoration last year and had it judged three times in 2005. Got Winners Circle at Davenport. 99 1/4.

Comment

Tommo,

Fantastic photos of the sidecar rigs and bikes you guys must have rode in to the HD 100th in style.
                              Just curious do you know the cost of shipping something to the states?
                              What do the left hand chassis go for?
                              Being a sidecar nut I think that I would like to try a sidecar mounted on the wrong side of a bike

Comment

Working...
                              X