59' brake line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59' brake line question

I'm in the late stages of restoring my 59 Panhead and the bike had the rear hydraulic lines all screwed up, and I am trying to put them right. When I got the bike they were jerry rigged under the bike, with the switch/tee tucked under the frame. My prblem is that the when I install the tee where it belongs it seems to be inthe way of the foot clutch bracket unless I tilt it like crazy, and then the lines don't seem to fit right. 9Not to mention I'm not sure where the lines, especially from the master cyl to the tee is supposed to run. Can someone shoot me some pics of the proper routing of these lines, and a picture of the tee/switch mounted? Is there a spacer I'm missing maybe? I got the repopped original style brake lines pre-bent, but I think I need to bend them a bit and don't want to screw it up. Any help, advice, etc would be great, as I don't want to screw up the lines trying to route them the wrong way. Thanks!

Best regards,
    Joel

Mine runs across the front of the motor just behind and below the front motor mounts. This is a really tight space and you may have to remove the crankcase guard to get the line through. The tee bolts to a tab on lower front frame tube just behind the motor mount cross member. The line then runs along the lower outside edge of the primary case to the swing armwhere it hooks to the rubber brake line.

Comment

Working...
    X