Rear stand catch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear stand catch!

Could somebody please measure the mounting holes on a bT rear stand catch, center to center?

i need to send my fender for my knuck bobber to paint and i need to pre drill the holes

thanx!

please!!!

anyone, anyone?

Comment

What is it that you exactly need? I dont really know what you mean but I would be glad to measure that 4 you.

dave.

Comment

i just need the center to center measurement of the two mounting holes on a big twin rear stand catch!

thanx!

Comment

Dave Ill get on it in the AM and post sometime tomorrow

Comment

sweet, thanx

Comment

There's a thread at the flatheadpower site about mounting rear taillights:
              http://www.flatheadpower.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=7270
              page 2 includes this drawing:
              http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1...h1920062pz.jpg
              which implies the holes on the clip are 1 7/8 apart (12 1/2-10 5/8) ... Perry

Comment

Chopperdave,
                From the bottom of the fender on my 1947 Knuck to the center of the screw holding the rear stand catch it is 31/8 (thats three and an eight inches) inches and I only have one hole in the fender,Hope this helps you!

Comment

I measured on a fender I got laying around and measured 1 8/16 to the first hole, which is the one that screws on to you fender trim and the second one would be at 3 3/16.
                  Dont know for sure how the stand would fit since I am not running a rear stand catch on mine.
                  How about a picture of that knuck dave??

dave.

Comment

okay, you want pix,

well, half of the motor is in utah, jeff decker and i designed a new rear tappet block as i am running two front heads (both with front rocker boxes) and the block is at the foundry as soon as its out it goes to jeffs uncle curtis who is doing the machine work on it.
                    then ill get it all back and i can get to work on that
                    but its it a million pieces
                    my wheels are at polish 19" borrianis front and rear
                    chopped fatbobs holding fuel and oil
                    stock wideglide, with just the tin cans

today i finished with my tranny mounts
                    its going in a repro 49-52 vtwin frame.
                    i cut the horn mounts off, the ground mounts off (the front one) and all the tranny mounts. ALL the tranny mounts
                    because i am runnin a burman tranny behind the knuck motor.

it rules

i will take pix of it mounted in the bare frame, well, with the left case in it, and a rear drum backing plate and hub and chain.

i am stoked how the mounts came out, they are all just tacked in because i dont have a tig at the moment and my buddy is gonna finish weld them in.

i have a fender that should be here monday, i am going to cut it 1/4 inch below the rib so it will look like a military fender, but with the entire part between the top and rear frame rails cut off.

i am casting my own air cleaners and tailight for it too, i have a killer cast headlight, the same one that is on the "special K" that cole foster built, (www.salinasboys.com)

so, by the end of the month i will have it done almost completely, cept for the motor
                    and when the motor comes i have a ton of work to do!
                    beacause i am building it for the horse magazine build off in june...
                    most people will have no idea what they are lookin at but i dont care i am buildin it just for me!

pix tomorrow

Comment

and

thanx for the measurements!

Comment

I've been following your build-up in The Horse magazine and it sounds like it will be a heck of a ride. I look forward to seeing it at the Smoke-Out.

On the rear catch, I bought a repop one from Tedd a few years back and it's two holes were closer together than the originals. The top hole would not catch the bottom mount stud on the tombstone light on my '50 and I ended up drilling another hole (repop fender) below that one (hidden by the light). So, there is more than one bracket out there, so be cautious.

When I installed original fenders, I found the real deal.

The old carpenter's saying "Measure once, cut twice; Measure twice cut once" applies here.

Lonnie

Comment

heres a picture

of the driveline
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pretty ****ing cool!!!

d.

Comment

It really saddens me that you couldn't find a rear head. Say your motorhead prayers - keep looking..... cool that Jeff & fam is helping you out. Good on him.

I like the adjustable trans braces. Great solution - looks good!

Comment

Working...
                              X